Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Apocalypse Now


You know, I guess folks think that if we hear foolishness enough times and from enough sources, spoken with a clear and confident forked tongue, it will be impossible for us to resist it. I mean, I just saw a Time magazine cover with a headline declaring that we need more government to save the United States! Really? Maybe if they say that enough times, then it will become true.
Another of my favorites is global warming. What a boondoggle! Honestly, with global warming, the more times I hear it preached, the angrier I get. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but seriously folks. I mean, the perveyors of this drivel must know that it's a crock of Pelosi. How could they not? Anyway, I just read an article by George Will providing a little perspective of global warming by the way of recent history. It's entitled Apocalypse Now? Highly Unlikely.

1 comment:

LRC said...

I heard about Will's article on Dennis Prager's radio show. Thanks for featuring it so I could read it myself. Will is one of my favorite columnists.