Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mr. President

In honor of the late Ronald Reagan's birthday , February 6, I have posted the following quotations:

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.

Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!