Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Free to Choose

Free to Choose, by Milton Friedman, is the book that started my journey into understanding.  My lovely wife bought me a Barnes and Nobel gift card for my birthday a few years ago, and I bought the audio version of the book.  I don't really know why I bought it, I had never even heard of it before.  I must have looked a little silly, riding on the train in the morning, with my mouth hanging wide open.  I could not believe the things that I was hearing.  It was like I was seeing the world for the first time.  It's hard to explain, and it's a little corny to say, but it changed my life.

I would get to work, and try to corner some other associate to explain the amazing things I had discovered on the train ride to work.  They would look at me like I was some kook.  I won't be able to do any better here.  All I can say is, read it.  Just read it, that's all.  I guess that's not all, you can also listen to it like I did.  Or, I recently discovered that a TV series, based on the book, is available to watch anytime online.  Click here to go to the website.  Find it and read, listen to or watch it.

No comments: