Friday, December 5, 2008

Common Sense

Speaking of the revolution, I am giving myself a reading assignment. I will report on it as soon as I've had the chance to finish. Common Sense, by Thomas Paine was published January 10, 1776, and was very influential in setting the stage for the American Revolutionary War. I do not remember reading it before, and I think it would be instructive. The book is published all over the internet, click here, here, and here for some sites.

Also, I found a free MP3 audio version of the book, click here! That site also has free audio versions of the Federalist Papers, the Declaration, the Constitution and the Gettysburg Address! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi, this is Mike over at Americana Phonic. I recently updated the site, which has changed all the links. I wanted to give you the Common Sense audio link:

http://www.americanaphonic.com/?p=269

Thanks,

Mike